THE BREATHE™ CERTIFICATION TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM FOR MEDITATION AND BREATHWORK
BE LIFE CHANGING
Are you trying to be healthier, are you seeking to deepen your meditation practice? Are you contemplating the idea of teaching? If you’re looking to add more passion, meaning, and purpose to your life, and to help change the lives of others, the BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program is for you.
Please Note: This is an extensive, academically rigorous program limited to 15 students. Please read all details and register ASAP if you are interested!
The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program is a complete course in the theory, science, and practice of breathing and breathing meditation. It is designed to prepare individuals to deliver professional breathwork and active meditation instruction to their clients, patients, athletes, and to those healing from medical and emotional issues. The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program will give you the high degree of specialized training you need to teach numerous breathing techniques and a breathing-centered meditation.
If you are a physical therapist, life coach, personal trainer, yoga instructor, or coach, you want to be outstanding in your field and on the cutting edge of health science. You want to become an inspiring teacher, to differentiate yourself from the rest, and help people discover newfound health, strength, vitality, creativity, inner peace, endurance, and greater well-being in their everyday lives.
The WAY You Breath is the Cornerstone of Your Health.
The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program is perfect for:
Elementary & High School Teachers
Health & Wellness Coaches
Get BREATHE™ Certified
The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program consists of:
20 contact hours over the course of a long weekend
100-hours home-study package to complete on your own after the training
which consists of:
PRE AND POST ASSESSMENT OF 50 PEOPLE
DEMONSTRATION OF ASSESSMENT OR MEDITATION (LIVE OR VIDEO)
A FINAL WRITTEN EXAM
APPRENTICE HOURS ASSISTING IN WORKSHOPS
The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training program begins with an assessment of breathing muscle strength and lung capacity, and addresses various topics such as:
- How to perform and interpret a BIQ (Breathing IQ)
- Pain management and expedited healing
- Breathing pattern disorders
- Various breathing techniques and their applications—when to use them and why
- The scientifically-proven physiological and psychological benefits of proper breathing
- The anatomy of breathing
- The mind/body connection and creating overall well-being
- Stress and its effects on the mind and body
- How to shift the stress response from “fight or flight” to “rest and digest”
- Creating a personal practice and daily routine
The BREATHE™ Certification Teacher Training Program will enable you to teach a basic breathing workshop to a group with outstanding mental health or medical problems that will:
- Alleviate stress and anxiety, while helping with concentration and sleep
- Provide participants with breathing exercises that are good for lungs, posture, oxygen intake, and blood pressure
- Relaxation techniques
- Use “active meditation,” a mindfulness practice that has physical and psychological benefits.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be certified as a Breathwork and Active Meditation teacher and will be able to assess disordered breathing, offer effective and proper breathing instruction, and both recommend and teach exercises to improve your clients’ breathing style, lung capacity, and velocity. You will be able to guide others in the enhancement of their mental, physical, and emotional well-being through breathing and meditation instruction using a variety of techniques. You will be able to set up and lead group classes, give introductory lectures, bring Breathwork into the workplace and classroom, and teach people to meditate and bring mindfulness into their lives.
What is active meditation?
Active meditation is dynamic. It requires purposeful breathing, focus, and determination. Whether you are sitting or lying down, active meditation requires that you push yourself as hard as you do at the gym, so that you get out of it as much as the effort you put into it. Active meditation is different than “regular” meditation. In standard meditation you clear your mind of any thoughts and remain as still as possible. In active meditation you focus actively, just as you do in a sport. In sum, during active meditation you push yourself to breathe in a very dynamic and energetic way.
Active meditation also involves a “recovery breath” that allows athletes and high performance professionals to recover from one day to the next by addressing high cortisol and sympathetic nervous system arousal.
What you will receive
- Access to a web page exclusively for certified teachers private teacher webpage with links to reference materials, including videos and audios
- Feedback and evaluation on quizzes that determine your comprehension
- Opportunities for paid referrals
- Discounts on seminars, retreats, and products
- Invitation to attend future Teacher Training Programs at no charge to support others in training
- The opportunity to apply to the International Global Breathwork Group
- Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units
CEUs are available for the following associations:
Associations pending for CEUs
Master classes are given once a year to students who have taken the Fundamentals Certification and completed their 100 hours of independent study. Master classes will give you the information to be able to teach specialized groups such as children, older adults, specific athletes, or people having experienced trauma. Once you have completed the Master Class requirements you will be listed on The Breathing Class website and sent referrals directly from Dr. Belisa.